Saturday 15 September 2012

MTN Project Fame evitee, now nominated for Hip Hop Awards


                                                               kudos ijeoma!!!

One of the contestants in the maiden edition of the MTN Project Fame West Africa music reality show, Ijeoma Okwara, has been nominated for the Hip Hop World Awards in the Best Female Vocal Performance category.

Okwara was among the initial 18 contestants admitted into the academy during Season 1 of the TV reality show. But she was evicted after only two performances in front of the judges and television viewers nationwide.

This time, Okwara’s song, Olomi, will need valuable votes from the general public and the final decision of the judges at the awards event to win in a contest that involves  Tiwa Savage’s Love Me, Love Me, Waje’s Na The Way, and Project Fame Season 3 winner Chidinma’s Kedike.

 An excited Okwara describes her nomination as the product of hard work and determination. She says, “I believe in hard work and perseverance. The little time that I spent in the Project Fame Academy actually made me more determined to rise above all odds. Now I am convinced that Nigerians truly appreciate good music, regardless of the genre.

“I feel honoured and special to be singled out among many talented artistes. I love to win and of course, I expect to win because I never go into anything with the intention to fail. And I thank God for the talent and the beautiful people who have supported me this far.”

No comments: